We couldn't stop at just one deep-fried treat for County Fair Week! Two of our favorite savory extract powders (Ranch and Sundried Tomato) bring serious flavor to our crispy coating, just begging for a Marinara dip. Talk about a childhood dream come true!
- deep fryer or large pot & thermometer
- 3 bowls
- slotted spoon or spider
- paper towel-lined plate or cooling rack set over a rimmed baking sheet
- Take the pizza and smash the cheese into the sauce. Cut into desired number of slices and put in the freezer while getting everything else ready.
- Pour 3-4" oil in a deep pot and preheat to 350°F or prepare your deep fryer according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Combine flour and 2 tsp Ranch Type Extract Powder in first bowl.
- Whisk eggs with Sundried Tomato Extract Powder in second bowl.
- Mix breadcrumbs and remaining ½ tbsp Ranch Type Extract Powder in the third bowl.
- Take the pizza out of the freezer and, working quickly, coat each slice first with flour, then dip in egg, and finally coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pat extra breadcrumbs on to ensure a consistent coating.
- Fry for about 1½ minutes, or until golden brown. Flip and fry for an additional minute. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate or cooling rack set over a rimmed baking sheet and let cool slightly.
- Serve with Marinara for dipping.
Save leftover fry oil for up to 2 months.
- Use your favorite frozen pizza (thawed overnight in the fridge), a homemade pizza (cut & frozen overnight), or even a calzone!
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved