Honestly, what's better than a slice of pizza? It's just as easy and fun to make as it is to eat. Bonus points, everybody loves pizza! Herbed dough and spicy sauce take this pie over the top. Makes two 10" pizzas.
- 1 cup warm water (95-105°F)
- 2 tsp instant dry yeast
- 3 cups Caputo "00" Bread Flour (½ cup extra if needed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Basil Oil Extract W.S.
- 5 slices fresh mozzarella
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves
- immersion blender
- 10" cast iron skillet
- Combine water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook and let sit 5 minutes until frothy.
- Turn the mixer on low and slowly add 1 cup flour.
- Add olive oil, sea salt, and Basil Oil Extract.
- Mix in remaining flour 1 cup at a time, until a slightly tacky dough forms. Add the last ½ cup flour if needed, using just enough so the dough cleans the bowl's edges.
- Divide the dough in half and form each into a ball. Place on a lightly oiled sheet pan, turning to coat.
- Let rise in a warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about an hour.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Pour in the peeled tomatoes and their juices. Add tomato paste, rosemary, oregano, salt, pepper, Capsicum Extract, and Agave Nectar.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and blend with immersion blender until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 500°F.
- Oil the cast iron skillet and warm on medium heat.
- Take one ball of dough and press in to a 10" circle, leaving dough thicker on the edge for a crust.
- Dock the center of the dough to prevent bubbles.
- Place dough in hot skillet, being careful not to burn yourself.
- Quickly spread sauce over dough and add toppings.
- Let it cook on the stove for 2-3 minutes then transfer to oven and bake 8-10 minutes until crust is golden and cheese is browned.
- Remove, slice, and serve!