Alternative "milks" are all the rage these days and our month of cookies called seemed like the perfect time to share our recipe for a dairy-free cookie dipping beverage. Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup adds flavor and sweetness, don't be surprised if your first sip reminds you of cereal milk! Toasting the oats adds nutty depth and that warm, golden color. Makes 1 quart oat milk, more if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 8 cups water, divided
- 6 pumps Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup
- chinois, coffee filter, or cheesecloth-lined sieve
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Toast the oats for about 20 minutes or until they turn golden brown and begin to have a toasty aroma.
- Soak the oats in 4 cups water for at least 2 hours.
- Drain soaked oats and give a quick rinse. Place in a blender with the remaining 4 cups of water and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup.
- Blend on high for about two minutes then strain through a chinois, coffee filter, or cheesecloth-lined sieve.
- The oat milk will thicken overnight and separate. Be sure to whisk or stir before drinking and feel free to adjust the consistency with up to 2 cups of water to your preference. Be sure to add a bit more Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Bean Syrup as you add water, one pump to about every additional cup and a half.