Easy-to-follow recipe for Valentines Day!
DARK CHOCOLATE GANACHE:
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
- ¼ cup cream
Making the Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- Bake cake per instructions on box.
- Cool completely, wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- If using a round cake pan, cut cake in half, as though you were layering the cake.
- Wrap one layer and freeze for later use.
- Crumble half of the cake into a bowl, using your hands, until it is finely crumbed.
- Make a chocolate ganache (recipe below) and add 6 tablespoons Amoretti® Cappuccino Tiramisu compound.
- Add the ganache to cake crumbs a little at a time, starting with a ¼ cup. Mix until it comes together like a dough. You want the cake pop to stay on the lollipop stick, but not be too mushy. Keep testing it as you go.
- Roll out little balls of the mix in your hands and place on a sheet pan. Chill for two hours or overnight.
- Melt white chocolate ganache slowly and add the Amoretti® Peppermint Extract.
- Dip a lollipop stick about ½" into the white chocolate ganache.
- Push the stick into a cold cake pop and lay it on the sheet pan.
- Chill cake pops with sticks for 30 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate ganache again slowly and dip the cake pops into it.
- Let excess ganache drip and gently tap the stick on your hand, so as not to dislodge it from the stick.
- Push the stick into the styrofoam block to dry.
- Sprinkle with any decorations you choose. Red sugar, blue sugar, sprinkles, or crushed nuts.
- Drizzle with dark chocolate or color white chocolate and drizzle over top of cake pop.
- Heat cream to boiling and pour over chopped chocolate.
- Let sit for about one minute before mixing until thoroughly combined.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved