A strawberry pie for all seasons! Frozen berries mean you can make this pecan and graham cracker crusted pie whenever the craving strikes. Makes one 9" pie.
- ½ cup Amoretti® Natural Pecan Flour
- ¾ cup Amoretti® Graham Cracker Crumbs
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 cups frozen strawberries; thawed, drained, and quartered; divided
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Amoretti® Orange Zest Oil Extract O.S.
- 3 tbsp Amoretti® Wild Strawberry Compound
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 2X
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 9" glass pie dish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter a 9” glass pie dish.
- Combine all crust ingredients and stir until evenly moistened. Press evenly into the pie dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes until golden. Let cool completely before filling.
- Whisk together sugar and cornstarch, set aside.
- Place 2 cups of the strawberries in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar/cornstarch mix and lemon juice to saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened, 4-5 minutes. Keep stirring to avoid burning the mixture.
- Transfer to a bowl to cool to lukewarm.
- Add the remaining strawberries, Orange Zest Oil Extract and Wild Strawberry Compound. Stir to combine.
- Pour filling into the cooled crust and chill for 3-6 hours or overnight.
- Whip the heavy cream and sugar to stiff peaks. Decorate pie with whipped cream and serve.