Using a “grass” tip to pipe the frosting on these cupcakes makes them into a bird’s nest. Fill the nests with pastel French Chocolate Dragees and/or white French Almond Dragees for the eggs! A fun way to bring spring to your cupcakes!
- 1¼ cup cake flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Natural Pistachio Flour
- 5 tbsp butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- 1¼ tsp Amoretti® Pistachio W.S. Extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a standard muffin tin with cupcake liners and set aside.
- Sift the cake flour, salt, and baking powder. Stir in Pistachio Flour and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and mix to combine, scraping the bowl.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Pistachio Extract. Mix to combine, scraping the bowl.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients and the milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Mix and scrape the bowl until the mixture is thoroughly combined. This batter is runny, don’t worry, the final product is light and delicious.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place a rounded scoop into the lined muffin tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until the top of the cupcake is firm and the edges are beginning to brown.
- Let cool completely before frosting.
- Stir Pistachio Butter Artisan into Swiss Buttercream until evenly mixed.
- Frost and decorate cupcakes as desired.