This recipe combines two deliciously rich desserts, brownies and pecan pie. They're absolutely irresistible served warm and à la mode! Makes one 8-9" pan of brownies.
PECAN PIE TOPPING
PECAN PIE TOPPING
- Preheat the oven to 375℉. Grease and line an 8" or 9" square pan (or grease a silicon pan) and set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- Whisk together Espresso Coffee Extract, Bourbon Whiskey Compound, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, eggs, melted butter, and vegetable oil.
- Add wets to dries and stir to combine.
- Stir in chopped pecans.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the Pecan Pie Topping.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, sugar, corn syrup, salt, and Blue Agave Nectar. Stir until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Temper in eggs.
- Add Bourbon Whiskey Compound, Orange Zest Oil Extract, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
- Remove Brownies from the oven, gently place the pecan halves on top of the batter.
- Pour the topping over the pecans and return to the oven to bake for another 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. The top of the brownies will feel almost firm and they will set up more while cooling.
- Rest for 20-30 minutes before removing the brownies from the pan.
- Gently pull the parchment away from the sides and let them cool completely before cutting, or wrap and chill overnight for easier cutting.
- For best results, use a silicone cake pan for easy release of the brownies. If you don’t have one, use a floured spray in an 8” or 9” square pan, line it with parchment paper (leaving an overhang for easier removal) then spray the parchment paper.
- Pecan Pie Topping can be made up to 10 days ahead and refrigerated. Warm slightly and stir to emulsify all the ingredients before using.
- Once cooled, brownies can be individually wrapped and kept chilled for a week.
© 2018 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved