This heart-shaped cake is filled with decorative pink buttercream using Red Food Color in a variety of strenghts for a range of pinks. Natural Strawberry Extract flavors the batter without changing the color for a fun surprise! Makes one layer cake.
- 4 heart-shaped cake pans
- 3 pastry bags
- assorted tips
- Prepare and bake cake as directed on packaging, adding Natural Strawberry Extract.
- Divide batter between 4 heart-shaped cake pans and bake according to package instructions, reducing bake time to account for smaller cakes.
- Let cake layers cool completely.
- Divide buttercream into four bowls.
- Start with a few drops of Red Food Color and gradually increase the amount with each bowl of buttercream until you reach your desired colors. We used 2 drops, ¼ teaspoon, and 1 teaspoon Red Food Color and left one bowl white for contrast.
- Using an assortment of tips, pipe the colors over each layer.
© 2020 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved