It's snowing, it's glowing and let's tart it up as we close in on the end of another beautiful year! Cranberry artisan flavored tart to make your holidays special!
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, carefully measure out the flours, confectioner’s sugar and salt. Use a hand whisk or the stir option on the mixer to gently whisk everything together until it is homogeneous mix.
Add in the cubed butter, straight out of the refrigerator and run the mixer on low. Once it starts incorporating well into the flour mix, increase the speed up one point. Still be careful when you mix to prevent the flour from flying out and spilling all over.
- Once mixed in fully, the flour mix will look like sand and no chunks of butter will be visible. At this point, add in the egg mix, while still continuing to mix on the lowest speed, add cold water, if there is a need after the egg mix is fully dropped in. Stop right at the point when the dough comes together in a big blob.
- Take off the mixer, wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 5-6 hours of ideally overnight.
- Roll out the dough into a sheet and line your greased tart pan.
- Poke holes uniformly along the base of the tart.
- Crumple up parchment paper, open it up, place it in the tart shell and add pie weights or pulses or rice to fill the cavity.
- bake in the oven preheated at 350 F for 10 mins with the weight. Take the weight off and bake again, until the shell is golden. Time differs according to your oven, size and thickness of the shell.
- Cool on the counter and make the filling for the tart.
WHITE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE:
- Take a bowl and melt the white chocolate with the butter in the microwave in 30 second blasts, until smooth and silky. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks with 4 Tbsp. of sugar, until pale and creamy.
- Add in the Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Extract and Amoretti® natural Cranberry Artisan. Mix until combined.
- Drop in the melted white chocolate and mix well. This is a good time to add in the Amoretti® Natural Ruby Red Food Color. This is optional if you want your mousse to have a pop of pinkish color. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the two egg whites with 4 Tbsp of sugar until you get stiff peaks.
- Fold it in with the chocolate mix and set it aside again.
- In another bowl whisk the heavy cream until you get stiff peaks. Fold it into the chocolate mix gently without deflating much of the air.
- Fill the mousse into a piping bag.
- Fill the Tart shell with the mousse and chill for a few hours or until serving. Optional : Top with candied cranberries and sprigs of rosemary or mint. Enjoy!