Watch the video :)
These bars make great snacks, and feature a healthy fresh cranberry filling!
- 2½ cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ⅔ cup sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Cranberry Artisan
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Orange Zest Oil Extract
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup white chocolate chips (set aside for drizzling on top after baking)
- Combine the cranberries, sugar, water, Cranberry Artisan and Orange Zest Oil Extract in a medium saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low for about 10-12 minutes, until thickened.
- Place pan in an ice bath to cool the filling while you make the crust.
- In a food processor, combine flours, sugar, and oats for about 10 seconds.
- Add softened butter and mix until a ball forms.
- Set aside ¾ cup of this dough and put into the freezer to chill. This will be for the streusel top. (Chilling the dough makes it easier to break up.)
- Add yolks to the remaining dough and mix.
- Spread the dough into a sheet pan or rectangular baking dish.
- Spread the cranberry filling on top.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts and ⅓ cup white chocolate chips over the top and press down with a spatula.
- Crumble the remaining chilled dough into pea-sized pieces and sprinkle over the cranberry filling.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 40- 45 minutes, until the streusel is golden brown.
- Let cool on a rack for about 20-30 minutes before chilling. While the bars are cooling, melt the second ⅓ cup of white chocolate and drizzle over the top.
- Chill for 1½ hours or overnight before cutting into bars.