These are not just typical madeleines, they have an Italian Hazelnut Liqueur twist that you will enjoy!
- 12 tbsp (1½ sticks) butter
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minus 1 tbsp Amoretti® Natural Hazelnut Flour
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla 2X W.S.
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Italian Hazelnut Liqueur Extract W.S.
- 1 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- madeleine pan
- Melt the butter in a small pan over medium heat. Stirring continuously, cook until golden brown and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whip eggs and sugar until thick and pale.
- Fold in salt, all-purpose flour, and Hazelnut Flour.
- Gently fold in Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon, Italian Hazelnut Liqueur Type Extract, and cooled brown butter. Chill batter 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour madeleine pan, tapping to remove excess flour.
- Fill each shell 3/4 full and bake 12-15 minutes until golden. Remove and cool on a wire rack.
- Serve madeleines with a dusting of powdered sugar.