Putting meringues on a stick makes it easy for your guests to grab ‘n go during the holidays! Wrapped in cellophane, these treats become a nice gift. We added Peppermint Extract to these meringues but there are many options to change the flavor and/or color to suit your mood or occasion! Makes about 20 meringue pops, depending on size.
- 3 egg white, room temperture (about ⅓ cup)
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp distilled white vinegar
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Peppermint O.S. Extract
- pastry bag fitted with star tip
- 20 silver or white lollipop sticks
- silver, grey, and/or white sprinkles, for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 200℉. Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whip egg whites on high speed to stiff peaks.
- With mixer going, add sugar very slowly, “raining” it in.
- Add vinegar.
- Whip on medium speed until stiff, glossy and smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in Peppermint Extract and fill a pastry bag, fitted with a star tip.
- Place sticks a few inches apart on prepared sheet pans.
- Pipe onto the sticks and drop silver, grey and white sprinkles onto the meringues.
- Bake for 90-120 min. Turn off oven and do not open door, but let meringues sit for 2 hours until they lift off paper easily.
- For PISTACHIO MERINGUES omit Peppermint Extract and fold in ⅛ tsp Pistachio Extract and ½ tsp Natural Pistachio Flour.
- For CHERRY MERINGUES omit Peppermint Extract and fold in ⅛ tsp Red Sour Cherry Compound.
- For VANILLA MERINGUES omit Peppermint Extract and fold in ½ tsp Vanillin Powder.
- For FLORAL MERINGUES omit Peppermint Extract and fold in ¼ tsp Fiori di Sicilia Compound.