The finishing touch to these light vanilla scones is a sweet ginger frosting! Enjoy with or without your favorite cup of coffee or tea.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- Grate cold butter into flour mixture and stir or toss with hands to coat the butter, working gently. Set aside
- Combine heavy cream, 1 egg, vanilla extract, and vanilla artisan and mix until combined.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and add 1/3 of the liquids. Mixing gently in between, add the remaining liquids in two parts.
- Work briefly before dividing into two pieces. Shape each piece into a flat disk about 3/4 - 1 inch thick. Cut into halves until you have 8 pieces (16 in total).
- Place on a lined baking sheet and brush with the other, lightly beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine powdered sugar and water in small increments, making sugar the mixture is not too runny before adding the ginger syrup.
- Remove scones from the oven and transfer to a rack after minutes to cool completely before frosting.