Brunch starts with a delicious stuffed french toast filled with a sweet almond spread that doubles as a fruit dip! Makes 4 generous servings.
- 2 pumps Amoretti® Almond Orgeat Syrup
- 1 - 8 oz block cream cheese, softened
- 1 oz sour cream
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 5 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp spiced rum
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 2X
- 4 tbsp butter, divided
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat Almond Orgeat Syrup, cream cheese, and sour cream until fluffy. This will take a few minutes.
- Spread all the bread slices with Almond Filling.
- Press slices together, forming 4 sandwiches.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, rum, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla.
- Melt 2 tbps butter in a heavy skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip 2 sandwiches in egg mixture to coat. Place in skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in skillet.
- Dip last 2 sandwiches in egg mixture to coat. Place in skillet and cook on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve warm garnished with fresh berries and powdered sugar if desired.
- If the French Toast looks too complicated, this versatile Almond Filling is also a great dip for fresh fruit platters, on bagels, waffles, pancakes, etc.
- Fresh sliced strawberries, bananas, or other fruits can be added as a topping along with powdered sugar or whipped cream.