A wintery and warm spiced fruit cake dream made by our contributor Sidhula George (@graceofspice) using the most popular Amoretti® ingredients, our premium blanched Almond Flour and Natural Vanilla Bean Extract. It is perfect for winter evenings with a warm cup of tea!
- Preheat the oven to 330 F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients together (All-purpose flour, Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt, Spices) in a bowl and keep aside.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar until it is light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add the soaked fruits along with the orange zest, the vanilla extract and the orange extract. Beat until well incorporated.
- Add the dry mix set aside with the sugar syrup* and fold gently using a spatula until everything comes together.
- Transfer the batter into greased and lined cake pans (1 x 8 inch or 2 x 6 inch pans can be used) and decorate the top with dry fruits.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool and brush with alcohol (Optional)
* Caramelized Sugar Syrup:
Heat 1/2 cup of white granulated sugar with 1/4 cup of water in a hard-bottomed sauce pan until it turns an amber color. Pour in 1/4 cup more of water. It will splutter and hiss and start boiling. Stir with a spatula and until all of the hardened pieces of sugar melt and you have a dark amber, smooth syrup. Take off the heat, transfer to a bowl and let cool.