You will be amazed at how much flavor these small sausage apple bites carry, try this recipe for a great finger food!
- 2 strips bacon
- 1 link Italian chicken sausage, diced
- 1 - 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp, diced onion
- 3 tbsp, diced celery
- 3 tbsp, diced red pepper
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Rosemary Oil Extract O.S.
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Bay Oil Extract O.S.
- ⅛ tsp Amoretti® Oregano Oil Extract O.S.
- ½ small apple, peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs, fresh or packaged
- ¼ cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp diced or crumbled Feta
- 3 tbsp - 4 tbsp beaten egg
- Cook bacon. Remove from pan, cool and dice.
- Cook diced sausage for 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Saute onion, celery and red pepper and Amoretti Extracts in butter and remaining bacon grease for 4 minutes.
- Add apples. Cook 2 min. Remove from heat and cool.
- Combine sausage, breadcrumbs, feta, onion mix and bacon.
- Add egg and combine.
- Using a small ice cream scoop press the mixture into the scoop, then into your palm, to gently squeeze and form a solid ball.
- Make 12 balls and bake on a parchment-lined sheet pan for 20-30 minutes at 350°F, until lightly browned.