Light and airy, mousse is a rich and creamy dessert that everyone can enjoy. We've mixed it up into a seasonal treat by making a pumpkin spice infused mousse and topping it off with white chocolate cream and hazelnut streusel. The spiciness of the mousse is perfectly complemented by the creamy, intensely sweet white chocolate cream. And topping it off with the streusel adds a bit of crunchy texture to contrast with all that rich smoothness. This is a dessert that has it all! Whip it up at home as a special treat or impress your friends at your next party!
IngredientsWHITE CHOCOLATE VANILLA CREAM:
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup white chocolate, chopped (if using a chocolate bar, it is 4 squares)
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon with Specks W.S. 20X
- 1 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ cup ice water
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup baker's sugar
- 1 tbsp + 3 tsp Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Compound
- 1¼ tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp water
- ¼ cup diced, toasted hazelnuts
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Natural Hazelnut Flour
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup oats
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baker's sugar
- 1 stick cold, cubed butter
DirectionsWHITE CHOCOLATE VANILLA CREAM:
- Bloom gelatin and set aside.
- Warm cream, but do not boil.
- Melt white chocolate in double boiler or very slowly, at 30-second intervals in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Melt bloomed gelatin, but do not boil.
- Whisk to combine melted gelatin, cream, and white chocolate, then emulsify with a hand blender until very smooth. There should be no lumps.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Heat ½ cup pumpkin purée and ¾ cup sugar on low, stirring just to dissolve sugar.
- Remove from heat and add Amoretti Pumpkin Spice Compound and Vanilla Extract. Stir to combine, then place mixture in another bowl and set aside to cool.
- Bloom gelatin in water.
- Whip cream to soft peak.
- Melt bloomed gelatin and add to warm pumpkin mixture.
- Add remaining pumpkin purée and stir to combine.
- Gently fold in whipped cream in thirds, being careful not to mix too quickly.
- Fold slowly until pumpkin and cream are completely combined.
- Cover and chill.
- In a mixer bowl, stir together toasted nuts and dry ingredients.
- Add cold cubed butter and mix until butter is in small, pea-sized bits.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Spread onto a sheet pan and bake at 350 °F for 10-15 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Whip White Chocolate Vanilla Cream to soft peak.
- Place in a piping bag.
- Place Pumpkin Mousse in a piping bag. If it has set and is firm, whip to soften.
- Pipe Pumpkin Mousse into bowls or glasses.
- Pipe a layer of White Chocolate Vanilla Cream on top of Mousse.
- Crumble a bit of Streusel on top.