This Thanksgiving day don't just make any typical roll, make these fun pumpkin garlic rolls that are so savory and soft!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 5 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tbsp herb paste (if you can’t find herb paste, finely dice herbs of choice, such as thyme, cilantro, oregano and parsley)
- 1 tsp sage, finely diced
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Pumpkin Pie Compound
- 1 tbsp egg or milk, for sealing
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Natural Pumpkin Extract O.S. (for brushing)
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet on a floured surface, roll it out to about 1/8” thick.
- Combine the pumpkin puree, butter, garlic paste, herb paste, sage, salt, parmesan and the Amoretti Pumpkin Pie Compound.
- Spread all but 2 T of the mixture over the top of the dough, leaving ¼” at the top edge clean so you can seal it.
- Beginning at the lower edge, roll the dough into a log and seal the top edge with egg wash or a bit of milk, pressing slightly.
- Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice the log into ¾” rolls and lay them flat onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the top of each roll with remaining butter mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Brush the tops with Amoretti Natural Pumpkin Extract (and any leftover butter mix) while warm.