A warm, delicious galette perfect as a snack or light meal! With a flaky crust, warm goat cheese, and soft potatoes, this potato leek galette is sure to warm you up on those cold winter days! Our Pistachio Flour and Blue Agave Nectar work extremely well to make a savory crust and filling combo.
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 large, thinly sliced leeks, white and pale green parts
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 6 tbsp cream
- 3 tbsp garlic paste
- 6 tbsp fresh dill, coarsely chopped
- 1½ Yukon Gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 egg, beaten for wash
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- 6 tbsp Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Clear
- In a food processor, pulse the raw pistachios until coarsely chopped.
- Add flours, salt, sugar, and cold, cubed butter. Pulse until butter is pea-sized. Add cold water while running processor until dough forms.
- Remove dough. Wrap and chill for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Combine goat cheese, garlic and cream until smooth. Season with salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- In 2 tbsp olive oil, sauté the sliced leeks for about 5 minutes. Just to soften, not to brown. Set aside.
- Divide the dough into 4 sections, wrap what is not being used and return it to the refrigerator.
- Roll out one section of dough into an 8” circle and place onto a parchment-lined sheet pan or cookie sheet.
- Spread ¼ of the goat cheese mixture onto the dough, leaving a 1″ border, so you can fold the dough in later.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the chopped dill around onto the goat cheese.
- Drizzle with a little bit of honey.
- Place potato slices in a circle over the goat cheese and dill.
- Drizzle with a bit of olive oil.
- Top with ¼ of the sautÈed leeks. Season with salt and a little white pepper.
- Fold the dough towards the center, overlapping as necessary.
- Egg wash the edges of the dough.
- Repeat with each section of dough.
- Bake at 400°F for 40-45 minutes, until brown.
- Drizzle with honey before serving.