An easy to follow recipe, this Italian favorite can be used for pastas, salads, and even pizza!
- Put the pistachios, parmesan, basil, Olive Oil, and garlic in a small bowl. Use a handheld immersion blender to blitz into a thick paste. This can also be done in a small food processor.
- Add the hot water and then quickly blitz again.
- Use immediately. Refrigerate any unused portions for up to a week or freeze up to 3 months.
- Here are a few recommendations of what to do with the finished pesto:
- Top off a caprese salad
- Dress a cold pasta salad
- Sauce an appetizer pizza
- Toss with blanched green beans
- Use as a sauce for hot pasta
- Dip for fresh vegetables