A decadent combination of pistachio and chocolate, great cake for company!
- 4½ oz roasted, unsalted pistachios
- 2¾ oz milk chocolate
- 7 oz sugar, divided
- 7 oz unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 7 oz flour
- 3½ oz whole milk
- pinch of salt
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- 1¼ oz – 2⅒ oz (3-5% by weight) Amoretti® Pistachio Compound
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- chopped pistachios, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F, lightly grease a 9" x 11″ pan and set aside.
- Place pistachios, milk chocolate and 3½ oz sugar in a food processor and process until very finely chopped. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining 3½ oz sugar, butter, eggs, flour, salt, milk, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and Pistachio Compound. Mix well.
- Add ground pistachio/chocolate mixture and combine.
- Spread batter evenly in the pan and bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely, then cut in half to create two 9" x 6.5" layers.
- Heat cream to simmering, pour over dark chocolate, and mix until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Spread a layer of ganache between the cake layers and on top.
- Sprinkle chopped pistachios over the top.