On a cold day, there’s nothing better than snuggling up next to a fire, getting under a blanket, and sipping some hot chocolate while watching a movie or reading a good book. Whether you’re looking for something delicious to whip up at home or a gift to give a friend this holiday season, we have the perfect thing: peppermint hot chocolate mix!
This isn’t any old hot chocolate mix. There are the traditional cocoa powder and sugar, but we’ve spiced it up with some cayenne pepper. Then with that shot of peppermint, you have the best warm drink you could have! And even with these extras, it’s surprisingly easy to make.
Give the gift of delicious, chocolatey goodness and enjoy some for yourself too!
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa, Dutch-process
- ¾ cup nonfat dry milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- pinch salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
Amoretti® Peppermint Syrup, to taste
- Combine all dry ingredients with a whisk or in a food processor.
- Mix 3 tbsp dry mix with 1 cup warm milk.
- Add Peppermint Syrup to taste. Start with half a pump, it's powerful stuff!
- Put the mix in a mason jar to give as a gift. Decorate the jar with ribbon, string, or anything else you think up!