November would not be complete without a pecan pie! And our homemade pie with a touch of orange for lightness? It'll be the first dessert finished on the table, no contest.
- pie weights or dried beans
- pie dish
- Whisk flour, Pecan Flour, sugar, and salt together. Add butter and mix until it is pea-sized.
- Add water and mix until dough is formed. Wrap dough and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray pie dish with nonstick spray.
- Roll out dough to fit the pie dish with enough hanging over sides to crimp edges.
- Lightly dock the bottom of dough with a fork, being careful not to poke all the way through the dough, as the filling could seep out and ruin the dough while baking.
- Chill the dough in the pie dish for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes.
- Fill the pie shell with parchment paper and pie weights and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper and the pie weights and continue baking for 8-10 more minutes.
- Cover edges of pie crust if it is browning too quickly.
- Toast chopped pecans in a 350°F oven for 6 minutes. Cool and pour into the pie dish.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, combine butter, sugar, whiskey or bourbon, Orange Extract, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, corn syrup, and salt. Stir until butter has melted and sugars dissolve.
- Temper in the eggs.
- Pour the mixture over the pecans in the pie dish and bake in a 350°F oven for 50-60 minutes or longer, baking time will depend on the depth of the pie dish and your oven.
- The pie should not jiggle when removed from the oven and the bottom of the dough should be lightly brown.
- Let cool completely to set before cutting.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved