Pecan Oat Bars are a great after-school snack or a good addition to a lunchbox. They also happen to be gluten-free, peanut-free, healthy, AND delicious. Makes sixteen 2" x 2" bars.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup Amoretti® Pecan Flour
- ½ cup diced pecans
- 2 tbsp wheat germ
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- 3 ripe bananas (225 g)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Clear
- 1½ tbsp Amoretti® Raisin Swirl
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 8" x 8" pan
- sheet pan
- food processor
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Spray and line an 8" x 8" pan with parchment paper, with sides hanging over slightly for easy removal when cooled. Spray the parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, Pecan Flour, pecans, wheat germ, and flaxseed meal in a bowl.
- Place on a sheet pan and toast for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the chopped dates and the ripe bananas and pulse until smooth. (The dates will still be in pieces, but the bananas should be smooth.)
- In a bowl combine honey, Agave Nectar, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Raisin Swirl, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the banana and date mixture, stir to combine.
- Add the toasted dry ingredients into the bowl and mix.
- Spread the mix into prepared pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let the bars cool for an hour or refrigerate overnight before removing from the pan and cutting in 2" squares.
- Bars can be wrapped tightly and kept for 2 weeks in the refrigerator.