The greatest combo out there, peanut butter and banana, just got even better as a scrumptious cake!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Banana Extract W.S.
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup sour cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter and sugars until they are pale yellow and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition, then add Banana Extract and mashed banana.
- Mix in half of the flour mixture, then the sour cream, then the other half of the flour mixture.
- Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until nicely browned and the surface bounces back when you press it with your finger.
- Cool the cake completely before frosting.
- Beat cream cheese, Old Fashioned Peanut Butter, salt, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and heavy cream together in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add powdered sugar. Mix until smooth.
- If the frosting is too stiff to spread, add a teaspoon or two of cream and mix again.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the cake.