Mint and chocolate are a match made in heaven. But add some pecans and you've got the perfect trio! Our Mint Chocolate Candied Pecan Bark is just what you want to bring to a party or just munch on at home. It takes some time to make this treat, but trust us, that first crunchy bite will convince you that it was worth it! Watch our video to see how it's done!
CANDY THE PECANS:
MAKE THE CHOCOLATE BARK:
- Pour water into saucepan.
- Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in the pecans, making sure to coat them completely.
- Use a slatted spoon to remove the pecans, and spread them evenly on a rimmed parchment- (or silpat-) lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 15 minutes, rotating the pan halfway through.
- Remove from oven, stir, and let pecans cool in the pan.
- Transfer the candied pecans into a medium bowl, set aside.
- Gently melt the chocolate in a double boiler, then stir in the vegetable oil and Amoretti® Peppermint Oil Extract.
- Temper the chocolate.
- Pour the tempered chocolate over the pecans, and mix completely.
- Spread mixture on parchment paper or a silpat, and let set in a cool spot for at least 4 hours. Overnight is best.
- Break into pieces, and enjoy!