The true glory of our Lemon Verbena Pound Cake with Tangerine Glaze is that it works equally well for an indulgent, special occasion breakfast or a pleasant mid-afternoon treat or a light spring dessert. Decorate with edible flowers for an extra delightful presentation. Makes 12 muffin-sized cakes or 1 standard loaf.
IngredientsLEMON VERBENA POUND CAKE
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup half & half
- 3 tbsp Amoretti® Lemon Verbena Swirl
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1½ tbsp Amoretti® Tangerine Artisan
- 2-3 tbsp milk
DirectionsLEMON VERBENA POUND CAKE
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add all the dry ingredients and mix.
- Lastly, add the half & half and Lemon Verbena Swirl.
- If making muffin-sized cakes, bake for 15-18 minutes in a greased muffin tin.
- If making a full-size loaf, bake for 30-35 minutes in a greased loaf pan.
- Whisk powdered sugar and Tangerine Artisan together.
- Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon over cooled cakes.