This is a simple recipe that will delight your friends and family! Make it for brunch, tea or afternoon snack. Our lemony homemade ricotta and Meyer Lemon Extract makes these so delicious. Makes 9 pastries.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- cream, to brush pastry
- sugar, to sprinkle on pastry
- 4 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar, plus more to finish
- ¼ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 2X
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Meyer Lemon O.S. Extract
- ½ cup Homemade Ricotta
- ¼ cup whipped cream (about 2 tbsp heavy cream, whipped to medium peak)
- ½ cup mixed berries
- Lay out the puff pastry to defrost onto a piece of parchment paper, this will take about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400℉.
- Once the pastry is soft but still cold, unfold it and cut along the 3 folds to make 3 strips. Then cut each strip into three squares.
- Without cutting all the way through, score a smaller square inside each pastry square.
- Brush the squares with cream and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and the powdered sugar until smooth, scraping the bowl.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Meyer Lemon Extract, and Lemon Ricotta and mix just to combine.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Gently push the inner square of the puff pastry to the bottom and fill the square with the ricotta mixture.
- Top with berries and powdered sugar.