We can all agree to agree that these Lemon Lavender Poppy Seed muffins are the perfect treat for breakfast, snack of dessert!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 heaping tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1.5 cup buttermilk (can substitute for sour cream or whole milk yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. Amoretti Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Water Soluble 2X
- 2 tsp. Amoretti Violet Lavender Extract Water Soluble
- 2.5 tbsp. Amoretti Natural Lemon Artisan
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1.25 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or medium sized bowl combine flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mix together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla Extract, Lavender Extract and Lemon Artisan. Once mixed slowly whisk in melted butter, whisking constantly to prevent clumps.
- In your mixing bowl using the flat beater attachment slowly combine wet ingredients with the dry until just combine. If using a bowl fold wet into dry until just combined.
- Fill lined muffin or cupcake tin with batter and set aside to make the crumble topping.
- Combine flour, sugars, baking powder and salt.
- Mix in butter.
- Crumble mixture over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 min.