Get ready to elevate your holiday baking game with a delightful twist that combines the warmth of gingerbread with the zesty freshness of lemon. Picture this: soft and chewy gingerbread cookies embracing a luscious layer of lemon buttercream. These Lemon Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies are not just a treat; they're a festive experience that will have your taste buds dancing with joy.
The dreamy, cloud-like buttercream is perfectly infused with the bright and refreshing flavors brought by the Amoretti Natural Lemon Artisan Flavor. The combination of sweet, zesty lemon and the warmth of spiced gingerbread creates a delightful juxtaposition that tingles the taste buds with every bite, providing a nuanced and balanced experience.
Now, let's talk about the soul of these cookies—the Amoretti Gingerbread Compound. This compound is a delicious blend of spices and molases that brings the cozy comfort of gingerbread to life. Think of it as a shortcut to capturing the essence of holiday nostalgia without spending hours in the kitchen.
So add a touch of enchantment to your holiday season and make every moment sweeter with these delightful, flavorful, and utterly irresistible Lemon Gingerbread Sandwich Cookies.
- Using a hand or stand mixer cream together softened butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, molasas and salt.
- Add in your egg, Amoretti Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and Amoretti Gingerbread Compound, mix until combined.
- Add in your baking soda and flour then mix until just combined.
- Chill dough for at least 30 minutes to allow it to firm.
- Using a cookie scoop or measuring out roughly 2 tbsp. of dough, roll into a ball then coat with granulated sugar and place on a lined cookie sheet at least 3 inches apart.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F. for 10-12 minutes then remove from oven and allow to cool competely before assembly.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream together until smooth.
- Add in the Amoretti Natural Lemon Artisan Flavor and one drop of yellow food coloring and mix until completely combined together, smooth and no clumps remain.
- Once cookies have cooled completely, add your lemon buttercream into a piping bag with your perferred tip and starting from the center pipe on the lemon buttercream moving in a circular motion outwards to the edge of the cookie.
- Top it with another gingerbread cookie to make a sandwhich.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If your buttercream warms too much from your hands while piping, just stick it in the fridge for a few minutes to firm back up.
- You can put your completed cookie sandwhiches in the fridge to firm up the buttercream if desired.
- Store these cookies in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to a week.