Fresh brown bread will add a special touch to your St. Patrick's Day feast! Make this any time you get a hankering for a simple no-knead loaf for breakfast. Makes one standard 9" loaf.
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Spray loaf pan with nonstick spray and line with parchment. Set aside.
- Pour ⅔ cup lukewarm water into a large bowl.
- Add active dry yeast, molasses, Blue Agave Nectar, Natural Irish Stout Beer Type and Date Extracts. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, bread flour, and salt.
- When 10 minutes have passed and the yeast is nice and foamy, stir in flour mixture.
- Add 1¼ cups lukewarm water and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Dough will be sticky.
- Let dough rest, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Using floured hands, form dough into a loaf shape and place in prepared pan.
- Cover with a towel and place in a warm spot to proof for 20 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bread from loaf pan, remove parchment.
- Reduce oven to 400℉ and bake bread, upside down, for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- The bread is best served warm, but will keep 2 days tightly wrapped.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved