This Easter, make a truly classic Southern style spiced cake with an Amoretti® twist. Hummingbird Cake elevated with our compounds and artisans with a yummy Lemon Meringue frosting is the perfect choice for your Easter party!
LEMON MERINGUE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Preheat the oven to 350 F or 180 C.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients including the pecan flour, all purpose flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon powder and sugar, in a big bowl and set aside.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together milk, sour cream, oil, Pineapple Compound and Vanilla Bean Artisan.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients in batches and whisk to combine.
- Drop in the mashed bananas and mix.
- Coat the chopped pecans in flour and gently fold into the cake batter.
- Divide the batter equally among three 6 inch pans greased and lined with parchment paper. (You can also use two 8 inch pans or one 9 x 13 inches pan.)
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake layers on the counter or in the refrigerator overnight before frosting.
- Whip the butter until it is light and fluffy.
- Drop in the cream cheese and whip again.
- Add powdered sugar in batches and keep whipping until the desired texture is achieved.
- Finally drop in the Lemon Meringue Artisan and give a final whip!
- Slice each cake into two layers so that you have six layers in total.
- Sandwich the layers with the cream cheese frosting.
- Top with melted chocolate or ganache drip and your favorite Easter candy and Spring florals! Enjoy!