You can't have a hocus pocus viewing party with out a special treat! These double chocolate brownie spell books are just what you need. Recipe yields 9 brownies.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and parchment line a 8 x 8 baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together butter, sugars, eggs, Hazelnut Praline Artisan and Espresso Coffee Extract.
- Sift in flour, cocoa powder and salt. Mix until well until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips, pour into baking pan and bake for 25-30 min or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Once brownies have cooled remove from the pan and cut into squares. Place brownies on a cooling rack over a plate or baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave or double broiler and stir in shortening.
- Drizzle chocolate over top of brownies so it coats the top and place candy eyes on the right center. Place in freezer for 5 minutes or until chocolate has set.
- To the remaining chocolate, mix in activated charcoal until you achieve a dark gray color. Place in piping bag and cut a small hole at the tip.
- Drizzle chocolate onto brownies to create a book affect. Let set and enjoy!