Thanksgiving is coming up fast! We simmered up a fragrant batch of Harvest Mulled Wine spiced with Anise & Nutmeg Syrups. For a special touch, we added Pear Craft Puree which plays nicely with our chardonnay and apples. Bonus, it'll make your house smell amazing! Makes about 30 fl oz or 6 servings.
- In a wide pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add diced apple, chopped orange, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Sauté on medium-high until the apples soften and get a bit of color.
- Add the water and half the cranberries. Let the liquid reduce to almost nothing, there should be about ⅛” of liquid at the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in the chardonnay, Pear Craft Puree, Anise and Nutmeg Syrups. Stir and watch for it to begin steaming.
- Reduce the heat to low, do not let the liquid get hotter than steaming, and steep for about 20 minutes.
- At this point, strain if desired. Then add the cointreau, apple slices, orange slices, and reserved cranberries for garnish.
- Serve warm.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved