Make yourself a dessert that is full of delicious gingerbread flavor for the holidays!
- 2 eggs
- 1¼ cup milk
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled, plus more for pan
- pinch salt
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Gingerbread Creamy Cookie Spread
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 oranges, segmented
- powdered sugar
- Combine eggs, milk, flour, butter and salt. Blend with a hand blender or whip in a mixer until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- In a crepe pan or small sauté pan, melt 1 tsp butter over medium heat, swirling to coat. Pour a small amount of crepe batter into the hot pan.
- Swirl the batter quickly to evenly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Flip the crepe after 30 seconds and cook again for 20 seconds.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a plate.
- Repeat the process, cooling each one without stacking until they are cooled somewhat or they will stick together.
- Once cooled, spread a small amount of Gingerbread Cookie Spread over the crepe, being careful not to tear it, and roll up crepe.
- Sauté the diced apples in butter, add sugar and cinnamon and continue to cook over medium heat until soft. Let cool slightly.
- Lay two teaspoons of apple over Cookie Spread and roll up crepe.
- Lay orange segments over Cookie Spread and roll up crepe.
- Dust finished crepes with powdered sugar and serve immediately.
- Any Amoretti Cookie Spread can be substituted for the Gingerbread, try Pumpkin Spice Cookie Spread or Graham Cracker Cookie Spread!
- Other fruits can be used such as poached pears or cherries.
- Melted chocolate can be drizzled over the Gingerbread Cookie Spread before or after rolling.