These delicate treats complement any tea and will satisfy your sophisticated cravings!
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, clarified and cooled
- 1–1½ tsp Amoretti® Natural Rose Oil Extract W.S.
- ⅛ tsp or 9 drops Amoretti® Lavender Oil Extract O.S.
- madeleine pan
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Whip eggs and sugar to the ribbon stage (very light in color).
- Add the sifted dry ingredients to the eggs very slowly, with the mixer on low-medium speed, just until incorporated.
- Stir in milk.
- Add the butter in a steady stream with the mixer running on low.
- Add Rose or Lavender Extract.
- Let the mixture rest in the refrigerator for an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 18-20 minutes, removing when they are firm but before tops brown.
- Cool on a rack and cover with a towel if not serving right away.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- The mix created in step 8 will keep chilled for up to 7 days.
- Rose is a subtle flavor while lavender is especially strong and our Extracts are highly concentrated, so use the recommended amounts or, if you’re going to experiment, make sure to measure carefully!