Packed with cranberries and decorated with glistening pistachios, this fall treat is destined to become a family favorite!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat sugar and Almond Paste for 3-4 minutes, until fully combined.
- Add butter and beat until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Orange Zest Oil Extract and mix, scraping the bowl, until fully combined.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the almond mixture and mix until smooth, scraping the bowl once or twice.
- Cover and chill for an hour.
- Combine sugar, cranberries, and Cranberry Swirl in a small bowl. Let sit while making the crust.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg yolk and mix to combine, scraping bowl.
- Whisk together flour and salt then add to the mixer, scraping the bowl and mixing just to combine. The dough will be crumbly.
- Spray tart pan lightly with nonstick spray and press dough into the pan, pressing up the sides.
- Lightly dock the dough with a fork and chill in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Drain the cranberries while the crust is chilling.
- Fill the chilled crust with filling, spreading it all the way to the edge with a small spatula.
- Sprinkle drained cranberries over the filling, pushing some down into it.
- Bake for 1 hour, until top and crust are lightly browned.
- Cool on a rack for 40 minutes.
- Combine chopped pistachios with Agave Nectar and sprinkle over the top of the tart just before serving.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved