This super white cake makes for a beautiful presentation with the contrast of bright cranberry filling against the pure white cake and frosting. Cranberry Compound boosts the cranberry flavor and color and our super-concentrated Vanillin Extract adds vanilla flavor to the cake and the frosting without affecting the crisp white. Makes one 8" layer cake.
- Prepare and bake cake as directed on packaging, adding Vanillin Extract with the wet ingredients.
- Let cool completely while preparing Cranberry Filling.
- In a small saucepan place the cranberries, sugar, water, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce the temperature to medium and cook, stirring, until the berries have burst.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Lemon Zest Oil Extract, Cranberry Compound, and butter. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Transfer cooled cranberry mixture to a food processor (or use a hand blender) and pulse quickly just until the berries are slightly broken. Keep some of the berries whole so the mixture has some texture.
- Cool to room temperature and chill overnight in a covered container.
- Spread a very thin layer of buttercream over one cooled cake layer, then pipe a circle of buttercream around the outer edge to create a barrier for the Cranberry Filling.
- Spread half of the Cranberry Filling into the circle and spread to the edges of the buttercream circle.
- Place a second layer of cake onto the bottom layer and repeat the very thin layer and circle of buttercream and the Cranberry Filling.
- Top with the third layer of cake and crumb coat the whole cake before chilling for 30 minutes.
- Cover the cake with the final layer of buttercream and chill for 30-45 minutes.
- Decorate with sugared rosemary sprigs and fresh cranberries for a festive finish.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved