This delicious cake is sure to become a new holiday favorite! Great looking dessert to impress your guests these holidays!
FILLING AND FROSTING
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2¼ tsp baking power
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- 1½ tsp dry mustard
- ⅔ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup dark beer
- 3 tbsp Amoretti® Gingerbread Compound
- 1½ oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 - 8oz packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ tsp Amoretti® Maple Extract W.S.
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
FILLING AND FROSTING
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift all dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, honey, brown sugar, and eggs.
- Add half of the sifted dry ingredients and gently fold this into the mix.
- Add buttermilk and gently fold this in.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and continue folding.
- Add beer and Gingerbread Compound. Fold until fully mixed.
- Lightly spray two 9” cake pans and line with parchment. Lightly spray the parchment.
- Pour cake batter into the pans, half into each cake pan.
- Melt the unsweetened chocolate and coconut oil very slowly in a microwave at 30 second intervals, so as not to burn the chocolate.
- Once melted, stir to completely combine.
- Drizzle this in lines into each cake pan, half in one and half in the other.
- Using a stick, swirl the batter to create a ribbon effect, or run a stick back and forth for a specific design.
- Bake both cakes for an hour and possibly up to 1 hour and 10 minutes, checking with a stick. Once it comes out dry, the cakes are done.If you are using a convection oven, they will probably be done in 35 min.
- Cool completely, wrap and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Remove cakes from cake pans (they will be difficult, so you may need to warm the bottom of the pan to release the cakes).
- Wrap one cake in plastic and freeze for later.
- Cut the other cake in half, to prepare for soaking and filling.
- Or if you want three layers of cake, cut the other cake in half and use one layer.
- Soak the cake layers with the Agave/water soaking syrup.
- With a paddle in a mixer, beat the cream cheese, scraping the bowl, for about two minutes, until soft.
- Add softened butter and beat again, scraping the bowl.
- Add powdered sugar, beat and scrape the bowl.
- Add Maple Extract, beat and scrape.
- Fill and frost the cake then chill for 30-40 minutes while you prepare the glaze.
- Heat cream and pour over semi-sweet chocolate and let it sit for one or two minutes before mixing to combine.
- Let sit for a few minutes to cool a bit and set.
- Pour over top of chilled cake and smooth with an off-set spatula.
- Pour extra around outer edge of cake so it drips down the sides.
- Transfer cake to a cake plate or clean cake stand.
- Slice and serve, cleaning and heating knife before each cut.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved