Bright orange flavor and melty chocolate with a chewy texture is all you need for the perfect gluten-free cookie!
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup Dutch-process cocoa powder (spooned and leveled)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 5 oz bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled slightly
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Orange Zest Oil Extract O.S.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa, and salt.
- Stir in chocolate.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whisk egg whites and Orange Zest Oil Extract together, then add to dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated (do not overmix).
- Drop dough by ¼ cupfuls, 3" apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until cookie tops are dry and crackled, about 25 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through.
- Transfer sheets to wire racks and let cookies cool completely.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved