Makes one 8" coffee cake, about 10-12 servings.
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp cream
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- Lightly spray an 8” round baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, Almond Flour, flour, and cinnamon. Stir with a fork to mix thoroughly.
- Pour brown butter and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla into the dry streusel ingredients and combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and Almond Flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Pour browned butter into another large bowl, add Mascarpone Compound, Cinnamon Bun Milk Chocolate Spread, and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla; whisking to combine.
- Add the milk a little at a time, whisking.
- Temper in the eggs and then add the sour cream, whisking to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Gently fold the mixture with a spatula until no flour shows.
- Spoon half of the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with half of the streusel, then add the remaining batter and top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes, checking doneness with a knife or toothpick. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together the powdered sugar and cream. Drizzle over the top of the cooled coffee cake.
Brown Butter In a deep medium saucepan melt 1 cup (2 sticks) butter over medium heat, swirling the pan occasionally. Once the crackling of the butter stops and the butter is browned, strain it through a fine-mesh strainer into a glass measuring cup to cool for a few minutes.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved