Homemade meals are the best when shared with family and friends! This summer, make this delicious meal and enjoy it with your favorite people!
- 1 gallon cold water
- ¾ cup kosher salt
- ½ cup evaporated cane syrup
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 2 lemons, quartered
- 1 whole chicken (6-8 lbs)
BELL PEPPER & MANGO CHUTNEY
- canola oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 head of garlic, halved horizontally
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 lime, sliced
- 2 tbsp light tasting olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1½ tsp fresh rosemary or ½ tsp dried
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup diced mango
- large container to hold chicken and brine
- baker's twine
- roasting pan with rack
- instant read thermometer
- Add the salt and sugar to the water and stir until they are dissolved.
- In a container large enough to hold the chicken and all the water, add the water and the quartered lemons and oranges.
- Lower the chicken into the container, making sure the chicken is fully submerged.
- Allow the chicken to sit in the brine, refrigerated, for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Remove the chicken from the brine and thoroughly dry it inside and out with paper towels.
- Rub the chicken all over with canola oil and sprinkle it liberally inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, the garlic, and rosemary sprigs to the chicken cavity.
- Add as many lemon, lime, and orange slices as the chicken cavity will loosely hold and secure the legs with butcher’s twine.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a roasting pan and put the roasting pan in the oven.
- Reduce the heat to 350°F and roast the chicken for 2-2½ hours, or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, not touching bone, reads 155°F.
BELL PEPPER & MANGO CHUTNEY
- While the chicken is roasting, combine all the barbecue sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Simmer over medium heat until reduced by half, about 15-20 minutes.
- When the chicken reaches 155°F, baste it generously with the prepared barbecue sauce and return it to the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
- Baste every 5 minutes with the barbecue sauce until an instant read thermometer reads 160°F.
- Remove the chicken to a cutting board, tent it loosely with aluminum foil, and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken rests, heat 1 Tbs light tasting olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, red onion, and rosemary. Sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the broth, reduce the heat to medium, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the heat to medium-high, stir in the Pomegranate Balsamic Vinegar, salt, pepper, and mango. Cook 3 minutes more, stirring frequently.
- Carve the chicken and serve with chutney and a favorite side dish.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved