Here is our secret recipe for the most flavorful banana bread!
- 3 cup + 5 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 5 bananas, very ripe
- 1½ cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla W.S. 20X
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Banana Compound
- 6 tbsp buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Sift all dry ingredients and set aside.
- In a food processor, purée bananas.
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add eggs one at a time, scraping bowl after mixing each one.
- Add bananas to butter/sugar mixture, scraping bowl after mixing.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Banana Compound.
- Alternate adding the dry ingredients with the buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients.
- Pour into 2 sprayed and floured loaf pans.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before cutting or wrapping and chilling.
- The bread can be kept wrapped and chilled for 5 days or frozen for up to 4 weeks.