Back to School means make-ahead lunches (and dinners!) are on everyone's minds, and here is our contribution: a tasty layered pasta salad in a jar! Packed with veggies and drizzled with our ultra-flavorful Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil infused with the flavor and aroma of Kalamata Olives, this one bowl meal doesn't lack in flavor or nutrients. Makes 6-8 servings.
- 7 cups cooked (about 3½ cups dry) penne or rotini pasta
- 2 cups cooked, diced chicken
- 1 cup packed chopped spinach
- ¾ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup diced bell peppers
- ½ cup thinly sliced asparagus
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1½-2 cups Arugula Pecan Pesto
- Amoretti® Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil infused with the flavor and aroma of Kalamata Olives
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6-8 one-quart glass canning jars with lids
- Divide ingredients evenly between jars.
- Top with Arugula Pecan Pesto.
- Store, refrigerated, up to 5 days.
- When ready to serve, empty jar into a large bowl, drizzle with Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil, and toss well to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and dig in!
- This is our favorite combo of veggies, but we'll mix it up with whatever looks good at the Farmer's Market (or whatever is lingering in the cripser!). Use your favorite vegetables, aiming for about 3 cups total.