Need a little bit of crunch in your life? Well this recipe for homemade Apple Pie Granola is perfect for any occasion! Enjoy with milk or yogurt for a delicious breakfast treat, add a bit to your dinner salad for an extra crunch, or even just eat it plain as a snack on a road trip!
This recipe is great because you can use whatever Amoretti extract your heart desires! You can also switch out the ingredients and use your own favorite granola recipe and flavor it with whatever wild flavorings you would like! Some honorable mentions I also tried and loved are pumpkin spice, s'mores, birthday cake and chai! This recipe yields 6 cups of granola, so feel free to half the recipe for a smaller batch.
- 4 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. Amoretti® Apple Pie with Crust Extract
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients other than the dried cranberries to a large mixing bowl and mix well until everything is evenly distributed and coated.
- Bake in oven for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown, stirring halfway through and adding the cranberries 5 minutes before baking is done.
- Let cool completely undisturbed then break granola with your hands for bigger clusters or stir with a spoon for smaller clusters.