Impress all your friends with this amazing Apple Pecan Cream Torte! It’s layered, creamy, and just bursting with warm apple taste.
- Spray a 9-inch springform pan. Flour it as well if you do not have a non-stick pan.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Core, peel, and cut the apples in thin ring slices and set them aside.
- Whip the eggs and sugar to the ribbon stage (see Tips).
- Add the cream and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and mix.
- Whisk the flours, baking powder, and salt together. Then add them to the mixer.
- Pour a small amount of the batter into the pan and smooth to the edge.
- Place a layer of sliced apples over the batter.
- Pour more mix onto the apples and smooth.
- Continue layering apples and covering with batter, leaving a bit more batter for the last layer.
- Drizzle Apple Pie Marbleizing Swirl over the last layer of batter.
- Gently swirl into batter with a small knife or stick.
- Bake for 1½ hours to 2 hours. Test it with a stick, it'll come out clean when the cake is done.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm. There is a bit of a creamy texture to this torte.
- The ribbon stage means that when you lift the whisk over the mixture, the batter should fall slowly and form a ribbon that holds its shape for a few moments. The mixture should also be pale, almost white in color.