Financiers are delicious, bite-size tea cakes. Try our version featuring caramelized apples!
- 2 apples (Granny Smith is best) peeled, cored and sliced
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on medium heat. Add sugar and cinnamon.
- Add apples and sauté, stirring until soft and lightly browned. About 5-8 minutes.
- Cool and dice.
- Brown the butter, strain, and set aside.
- Combine the flours and baking powder in a mixing bowl, then add ¼ of the egg whites.
- Add butter, remaining egg whites, liqueur, agave nectar, and amaretto extract.
- Spoon or pipe the batter into molds and press diced apples on top.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°F.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved