Make the easiest almond snack cake with the yummiest cinnamon streusel topping and you will feel all the Fall vibes hitting right! Made with our superfine Blanched Almond flour and amped up with our Almond Extract, this is the perfect companion to your cup of coffee!
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- Almond slivers for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and oil until light, fluffy and creamy!
- Crack in the egg and mix well.
- Add in the Vanilla Extract and the Almond Extract. Mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients including the flours, baking powder and salt.
- Into the butter mix, alternate the dry ingredients and buttermilk. Mix until just combined. Set aside the cake batter.
- For the crumble topping, in a small bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon sugar. Drop in the butter and mash it in with the dry mix until you have a very crumbly looking mix.
- In an 8 x 8 glass tray or cake pan, spray with non-stick spray or grease with butter and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Drop the prepped cake batter into the tray and top with the crumble topping. Garnish with slivers of almonds.
- Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 35-40 minutes. While baking, if you feel that the top is getting too browned, slip in a sheet of foil to cover the top of the tray to prevent over browning.
- Take it out of the over when you stick a toothpick or skewer into the center of the cake comes out clean or with one or two stray crumbs.
- Cool on the counter. Slice up and enjoy with a cup of coffee or tea or simply as an afternoon snack!
Optional: Mix powdered sugar with a little bit of milk and a drop of Almond Extract to form a liquid glaze. Drizzle it on the sliced cake before serving for some extra oomph!