This traditional Italian cookie is great with coffee or hot chocolate and gets an extra flavor boost with Almond Extract!
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Almond Extract W.S.
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted and coarsely chopped (whole almonds could also be used)
- Using a whisk attachment on your mixer, whip the eggs, sugar, and Almond Extract until very light (ribbon stage). About 5-6 minutes.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add to egg mixture and mix just until combined. Fold in almonds.
- Gently form the dough into two log shapes, wrap well and freeze 2 hours or overnight.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes, turning half way through, for even baking.
- Take out and let the logs cool for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
- Slice diagonally and place the slices on their sides.
- Bake again for 10 minutes. Turn the slices over at the 5 minute mark, so each side is toasted.
- Cool for 15-20 minutes.
- The biscotti can be kept in a sealed container for up to a week.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved