Enjoy this apple butter with your favorite breads or with a piece of toast. Its so deliciously creamy and great with a cup of tea or coffee!
- 4 apples; peeled, cored and chopped
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch cloves
- 1½ tsp Amoretti® Almond Extract W.S.
- Place apples, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves in a saucepan. Cook on low for 1 – 1 ½ hours, covered, stirring often.
- Remove pan from heat and add Almond Extract.
- This will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
- You can pair almond apple butter with cream cheese, such a delicious combination!